Do you need a boiler service in Maidstone?
Is your boiler due for its annual service?
Then KMC Gas is your local Central Heating engineer to carry out the task. When you book a boiler service through us you will get a Gas Registered Engineer, 18 years of experience, and a 23 point functionality and safety inspection.
A Boiler Service carried out in Maidstone by KMC Gas is not only very thorough but, also extremely reasonably priced from a company that is a member of GAS SAFE. Why not give us a call to find out how little your annual boiler inspection will cost. KMC Gas specialises in boiler repairs and servicing in the Maidstone area.
What can happen if I don’t service my Boiler?
- Build up of combustion deposits in the main heat exchanger creating less efficient combustion and therefore less heat being transferred to the water.
- The condense trap can block up if not cleaned annually resulting in a flame failure lockout.
- The expansion vessel can lose it’s charge resulting in the central heating pressure rising when the heating is on, then dropping to fault when off.
- Minor issues like a small leak inside the boiler can rust through the case, resulting in almost all cases a new boiler being required.
- Several manufacturers have released safety updates for parts that, if the original ones are left for several years can become dangerous and a fire hazard. These boiler manufacturers include Worcester, Baxi, Ideal and Vaillant.
- A condense trap can dry out, resulting in fumes entering the property.
- On older boilers the thermocouple condition can be assessed during a boiler service and replaced if necessary, if left too long a thermocouple will cause the pilot light to repeatedly go out.
What does a boiler service involve?
- Check that your boiler is operating correctly.
- Check the the installation complies with current safety standards.
- Check the appliance controls and adjust if necessary.
- Inspect the Boiler’s flue terminal and route.
- Check the boiler’s thermocouple condition.
- Inspect the Gas Meter for the correct labelling and sealing of the gas pipe.
- Carry out a gas meter ECV let-by test.
- Carry out a gas soundness test on the whole installation.
- Increase gas pressure to check meter lockout point.
- Inspect the visible parts of the gas pipe to the appliance.
- Check the boiler’s emissions and combustion using a Flue Gas Analyser.
- If required strip down and clean the heat exchanger (depending on combustion results).
- Check the Boiler gas rate is correct (the amount of gas it is consuming)
- Check the boiler burner pressure is correct.
- Inspect the Hot Water Cylinder for leaks.
- Fire up the central heating to and check the radiators warm up, bleed if neccesary.
- Watch boiler pressure whilst the heating is on to indicate the expansion vessel charge level and re-pressurise if necessary.
- Check and clean Magnetic filter if applicable.
- Advise on most suitable way to operate the boiler for the system.
- Fill out the Benchmark sectiuon of the boiler manual recording the Boiler Service history.
Book your Boiler Service today
Fill out the form below and we will contact you ASAP.